Nano hard water fish

Maxwell09
Member
I just found out my gh is 30, my kh is 4, and my ph is 8.0. What fish can go in those parameters? Its a 7 gallon cube.

I was thinking maybe 2 dario, some asian stone catfish, then some least killifish
 
Hellfishguy
Member
6 or 7 Medakas.
 
  • Thread Starter
Maxwell09
Member
Hellfishguy said:
6 or 7 Medakas.
ok, i was thinking about those too. Are the hardy at all?
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
Most fish except for discus GBR, and a few others can go in that ph. The secret is you have to VERY slowly drip acclimate them.
 
Hellfishguy
Member
Medakas are very hardy & can be kept in unheated tanks.
 
  • Thread Starter
Maxwell09
Member
S
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Most fish except for discus GBR, and a few others can go in that ph. The secret is you have to VERY slowly drip acclimate them.
so could i technically have them and VERY slowly drip acclimate them?
Hellfishguy said:
Medakas are very hardy & can be kept in unheated tanks.
oh cool, could i do those instead of the least killis? or which one would be better?
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Most fish except for discus GBR, and a few others can go in that ph. The secret is you have to VERY slowly drip acclimate them.
I realized something was wrong and the actual params are 16 dgh 5 kh and 7.6 ph. Would i do the stocking i wanted?
 
SouthAmericanCichlids
Member
Maxwell09 said:
so could i technically have them and VERY slowly drip acclimate them?
I wouldn't even say technically, many, many people have had softwater fish in hardwater including myself, and it doesn't take a toll on their health, just the introducing is the hardest part.
 
  • Thread Starter
Maxwell09
Member
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I wouldn't even say technically, many, many people have had softwater fish in hardwater including myself, and it doesn't take a toll on their health, just the introducing is the hardest part.
oh ok
 
MasterPython
Member
If you ordered fish off the internet from far away you might want to drip them for a long time. Fish stores use tap water. If the store is in your city they are used to your tapwater.
 
angelfish220
Member
MasterPython said:
If you ordered fish off the internet from far away you might want to drip them for a long time. Fish stores use tap water. If the store is in your city they are used to your tapwater.
Commonly yes, but not all. Where I just moved tap water is beyond the API High PH kit (8.8 is where it maxes out) but with a kH of 3 drops/50ppm. The two LFS both use Seachem Acid Buffer and Neutral Regulator on their water.
 
Top Bottom