TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What are the dimensions?

Pygmy sunfish? Or a pair of Nothos?

3. OP
    OP
    CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Its 16 long x 8 1/4 wide by 10 1/2 tall

The calculator here puts it at 6 gallons.

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Chilli rasboras would look good & wouldn't bother shrimp

5. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

6. OP
    OP
    CindiL

Ok thanks. I'll take a list with me tomorrow and hopefully they'll have one or more in stock.

7. OP
    OP
    CindiL

I didn't get to the store but I called and my local store has emerald dwarf rasboras, gertrudes rainbowfish, endlers, sparkling gourami and ember or monde tetras.

What do you guys think? I want them to get along so I'm tempted to rule out the gourami's. I might upgrade to a 12x12x12 cube which will fit better on my desk but its not a ton bigger, puts me at 7.5g.

I'll go after work today,just curious. I think the endlers, dwarf emeralds and the gertrudes rainbowfish are both pretty neat looking from the photos.

How many of each would you do per separate species? or are they all about the same bio-load? 3? 5?

8. TexasDomer

I'd say no to the rainbowfish for either tank - they're too active and are a little bigger than the traditional nano fish.

What are monde tetra?

You could probably mix the sparkling gourami with one of the schooling fish or the endlers.

9. OP
    OP
    CindiL

Ok. So either the emerald rasboras or the endlers then. How many would you recommend? I don't think there is probably enough room for one of them plus the gourami?

I don't know, I must've misheard him. I'll let you know though after I go :)

10. OP
    OP
    CindiL

I ended up getting 3 male endlers. They are super tiny. I didn't know if I should get 2 or 3 more for my 6g tank. What do you guys think? I change out about 40-50% water a week.

They're very pretty. I'm glad I got them.

11. JeffK

Congrats on your endlers - hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. Colorful, spunky, and small bioload - they're great fish!

12. Lchi87

Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

+1 on the congrats ! Would love to see pictures of the boys once they've settled in

13. TexasDomer

I think you'd be okay with 4-6 male endlers and a pair of sparkling gourami.

14. OP
    OP
    CindiL

Ok, thanks. I will go back for a couple more and see how my water parameters are after a week or two.

15. OP
    OP
    CindiL

My 12" cube came the other day. By the time I added sand, my plants and equipment it held just over six gallons.

Loving the endlers who never stop moving. I have five now. Also got a yellow mystery snail.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1468764978.211390.jpg

It's weird how my other tank looks so distorted through this one. It's four feet long but in this pic looks like two maybe.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1468764832.402098.jpg

It's hard to catch the endlers on camera they move so much but I got a couple.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1468765231.859370.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1468767338.067592.jpg

16. JeffK

So many people try to keep fish that need more swimming room, get too large, have a large bioload, etc in a small tank. I think you did it right! Congrats on a great looking nano tank!

17. RWP0505

RWP0505 Valued Member Member

18. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Sure makes the snail look huge. Nice tank. :;hi1Alison

19. OP
    OP
    CindiL

No, but amanos would be fine too, they're just quite a bit bigger than the cherries.

20. OP
    OP
    CindiL

Thanks. I had to move the snail out. He kept eating all their food and got huge.
    The shrimp population got crazy. I have over 55 now. Interesting thing, the yellows have stayed yellow and the reds have stayed red over the generations. I thought their color would get muddy from the breeding but one color must be a dominant gene.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1472919328.703208.jpg

The endlers are still doing great in this tank. They never stop moving. It's so hard to get a decent picture of them.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1472919395.479239.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1472919359.994792.jpg