Nano fish for 10 gallon shrimp tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Lady Monster, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Lady Monster

Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

I have 3 rcs. I plan to keep a golden mystery snail with them because of the color contrast between them against the black sand. What are some nano fish that are appropriate? I have other colors of snails and would like my fish and snail to be close to the same color, just not red. So black, blue, ivory, or gold. I considered a yellow glow danio school but i dont plan to do the glow lights so don't want to pay the glow fish price hike. Ive heard of endlers but im confused on the color patterns.

This is a tank I'm setting up after i post this topic, my 2 females are berried and i want my population back since i bought 9 rcs but 6 died mostly because of the filter. This new tank will have a seeded sponge filter, no more decapitation.

2. Fettuccini

Fettuccini Well Known Member Member

Pygmy corys maybe?

3. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

If you want other fish, your population isn't going to grow fast at all. I would wait until you have more shrimplets and then add fish in. Junne can help you more than I can though. Add lots of Java moss, hornwort, etc. you could add some SMALL cories if you want:)

4. OP
    OP
    Lady Monster

They are so cute!! Like corys were already cute enough but then there's a mini version :)

I'm looking for mid-top level swimmers.

5. Fettuccini

Well, I can think of plenty, but off the top of my head, nothing in those colors.

6. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

ember tetras could work :)

7. Fettuccini

Yeah, embers are great. I have a bunch in my 20g.

8. CROWNTAILBETTA

CROWNTAILBETTA Well Known Member Member

Endlers are multi-colored and are to small to hurt your shrimp. I would highly recommend them!

9. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

10. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

11. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

maybe a nice school of CPD's or emerald rasboras would be really nice.

12. OP
    OP
    Lady Monster

I also considered cpd

13. Fettuccini

Scarlet badis, sparkling gouramis, chili rasboras, or a couple peacock gudgeons?

14. OP
    OP
    Lady Monster

I dont want red because i want the shrimp to stand out.

I used green gravel to accent the black sand. And i have my golden snail thats going in. I really love red fish tho i might have to grab another 10 gallon for some of these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice