Nandus is too big should I move it?

Flounderman553

So I’ve had my Nandus for about a year now and he’s just going to be to big for his old home and I want to put him into my 75 its a parrot cichlid tank with a geophagus (red stripe) sailfin synodontis Pictus catfish and an archer fish who was raised in fresh water since birth. Since the parrots don’t generally bother the slower archer or my beunos Aries tetras do you think the Namdus would be safe I don’t mind if it swallows a tetra or two their replaceable him however not so much.
3C281919-70EB-44B6-A534-BAB72BE6A41C.jpeg
75 set up currently

BE2D69E4-B43F-44F9-A1EC-A1142190354E.jpeg
proof of nan

MacZ

mind if it swallows a tetra or two their replaceable him however not so much
So you think tetras are expendable? Do you have any sense of responsibility?

Move the fish to another tank, it's passive ambush predator behaviour will get it outcompeted in that tank longterm.

Flounderman553

Okay first of all theirs no need for that sort of aggression second yes I worry about them but when it comes down to only having that tank to move to im willing to have that risk. I’m not torturing them it’s a natural predator. I don’t want to feed them to a predator however I’m willing to risk one being consumed for the health of a much more rare animal. I didn’t ask for someone to attack me for how I care for tetras I asked for someone to tell me about parrots bothering a predator. I’ll just ask someone else on another forum.

MacZ

Aggression would look different. Believe me, you would be surprised if I was.
I just voice my concern about your carelessness. A fish tank is not the wild and you as the owner are responsible to combine fish that won't eat or outcompete each other. The tetras are not feeder fish. Not only are they too expensive, they are often still wild caught.

I’ll just ask someone else on another forum.
I suppose asking somewhere else will give you the answer you are looking for.
Good luck with that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
americanninja
Replies
Views
Hunterhusker

Random Great Thread!