nana plant on driftwood

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by superman, Mar 29, 2010.

1. s

superman Valued Member Member

hello, wat kind of kelvin rating would i need for a nana plant on driftwood? I have 18k kelvin would that be too high for this type of plant. Thnak you

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Should be fine. They are very easy plants to keep.

3. OP
    OP
    s

ok thank you. Also i want to get a rubber lip pleco and i have green algae on my ornaments but the pet store said i need it on the glass for the pleco or it wont live long. Is this true? Ty. also do you know anything about amazon swords if those are easy to do?

4. mathas

mathas Well Known Member Member

As I mentioned in your other thread, the correlated color temperature value (the "kelvin rating") is almost meaningless if used for anything other than guessing what color the emitted light should look to most eyes, and even then, the bulb you have is an exception.

You are likely to encounter far more problems from only having 15W over 29g than you're likely to encounter because of what color the manufacturer claims the light will look to humans.

5. OP
    OP
    s

thats what came with my tank. Will i need fertilizer? also what plants would be good that are easy to care for with little or no sun possibly.

6. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Your "nana anubias, Jeva Fern, Java Moss and other anubias types. There are more low level light plants...these seem to be the most popular. Not much fert needed.
    Also you might want to research a floating plant or 2 to up near your light.

7. TFA101

TFA101 Well Known Member Member

8. OP
    OP
    s

do angelfish do good in tanks with driftwood?

9. mathas

mathas Well Known Member Member

Yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice