Nana Leaves Seem To Be Unhealthy

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by ahtom82, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ahtom82

ahtom82 New Member Member

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Do you have something that would eat your leaves, because i see physical damage to the leaf and not nutrient deficencys.

3. OP
    OP
    ahtom82

Let me intro on the fishes I have
    2 black mollies
    2 cory
    7 tetra
    2 lily
    5 guppies
    1 Chinese algae eater
    1 nerite snail
    About 20 cherry shrimps (maybe some died)

Not sure which of above will cause this, but I don't see any guys biting the nana leaves.

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

What i'm guessing happened is the chinese algae eater took a liking to the leaf. The leaf could of been weakened also giving the algae eater a better start on it.

5. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

Is it an old leaf of a new one? How long has the anubias been in the tank? Any other plants in the tank?

Be careful with the Chinese algae eater, reputation for becoming nasty as they grow.

6. OP
    OP
    ahtom82

This is today. Only happen to this leave. I don't know why. 20180417_231637.jpg

7. leftswerve

leftswerve Well Known Member Member

IME occasionally when a leaf gets an issue (the tip of that leaf looks like an old issue), snails in the tank swoop in to clean up the deteriorating leaf. It's the only time my snails will eat plants, when there is a problem with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice