Naming New Betta Important

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Addie42, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

B38760AB-2B1B-43B8-B8F8-C382342FFF7F.jpeg52403264-B6C6-4B4D-9287-776C966757FE.jpegA9AF05CD-2DF9-4E78-8795-39C91E8922E1.jpeg8649A71D-2DE8-47BC-844D-AE64481DC1B8.jpeg28B118E5-89D2-49D9-AF3B-095BC69D4734.jpeg5851D56E-6AA9-4F03-99E7-CC37C81F001C.jpeg Hello fishlore

I recently had a betta tank spot open up due to sad circumstances (not disease)

I was at my LFS and this guy was one of the 3 left. I couldn’t not... so I got a new betta man that needs a name! I’m happy to have a plakat. The store is called critter jungle and sells show betta culls. Apparently this guy is a galaxy koi cull

He needs a name!! I didnt get a chance to see how many fish were in the original shipment but this guy was at critter jungle for 2 weeks and still looks this pretty!

Also look how much java moss I got for 5 CAD... it’s the size of my fist

2. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

Looks like a peppermint candy cane!

3. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

Lol I thought that was your name suggestion at first

4. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

It COULD be lol! Pepper for short! He kind of looks like a borlatti (cranberry) bean too! borlotti beans.jpg

5. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

Lol I kind of like Borlatti
    that’s cute... I’ll keep that in mind
    Reminds me of foo the flowerhorn naming his betta Kartoffel (sweet potato)

6. bitseriouslyWell Known MemberMember

Nice score on plant and fish fronts!! I would pay $5 for that moss clump in a heartbeat. :)

7. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

I must be hungry...:rolleyes:

8. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

673F9A73-1846-4E6E-9A30-5A901E844967.jpeg2361405C-AADB-4EDC-9AD0-07C0A982C9F8.jpeg941B3209-3B91-4BD5-AAC1-EBB136831262.jpeg
    Yeah it’s crazy for the moss!! This on the rock isn’t even all of it. I put some in my pea puffer tank and some in my betta tank and it looks like a lot. I can’t believe that this store has such high quality bettas this one and 2 similar were the only boys left

This is another betta I saw at critter jungle and really wanted before I had room for a new betta. I hope whoever got this one WORSHIPS it
    I really like the one I got, it’s pretty much exactly what I wanted. And he looks like he has smeared lipstick

9. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

I checked out their site. That's a great store! They do a lot with rescues too. I like supporting stores that do that.

10. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

Me too, I liked how the guy who sold me the fish kind of went on a rant about plakats being good pets... I really appreciated them talking to me. At the cash they asked me what my tank size was... it’s good to care (I look like I’m maybe 16 as context.... workers often ignore me in fish stores thinking I won’t buy anything lol)

It’s definitely a really great store for sure. I’m happy knowing some care went into breeding my new betta and that their store actually cares about fish

This is a vid of him swimming if anyone wants to see. I don’t have many people on my Snapchat that would appreciate this as much as you guys lol

11. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

What about Minty? He looks like one of those red and white mints

12. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

He's so HAPPY to be stretching his fins! Gorgeous plakat!

13. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

I kind of have a thing for people names
    here are the pets I have named so far: Leo (cat), Florence (goldfish), Ricardo (pea puffer), Sabrina (goldfish) ,

14. MotherLizardValued MemberMember

Perhaps its just the red and black coloration, but Hachiman was a Japanese deity of war and warriors since bettas are of Asian descent?

15. bitseriouslyWell Known MemberMember

Archie. (Cause he’s a redhead).

16. TheSaraBreeNew MemberMember

He looks like a Hubert to me. :)

17. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Oh he’s beautiful! Some name ideas-
    Adonis
    Orion
    Rouge
    Akane
    Akemi
    Akiko
    Aki
    Anzu
    Botan
    Cho
    Haruo
    Hiroki
    Hoshi
    Kaede
    Kawa
    Jaws
    Kishi
    Yogi
    Kojika
    Maple
    Thorn
    Rome
    Kozu
    Lotus
    Mayumi

Just a few ideas.:)

18. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

I think I like Mushu, like the dragon from mulan
    I’m going to see if it sticks
    By all means please keep suggesting names, you never know how many ppl u don’t like until you try to name something :;bananababy

19. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

856DD7A2-5B88-4804-9FFC-349F8DC58D2A.jpeg92542C77-BBA7-4019-B583-CAD2A53E991E.jpeg I just wanted to share some pics of him being cute today
    It’s really cool how his dragon scales vary in lighting. They seem to glow when the tank lights are off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice