Naming My New Fish!

FishKid26

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just adopted two beautiful new betta fish from a woman who was moving! They have great personalities and lovely colors and fins! I'm just not sure what to name them! They are both males. The one that looks blue/green is actually white and iridescent. The other is a crimson and black koI style. I'd love it if y'all would be willing to give me some name suggestions!

Attachments

Savanna

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Names are so personal to each person. I'm terrible at naming fish though. I have Sir Budrick Buddington the V of Buddington Downs, Mr and Mrs Fish, Lucius and Fred George. So... not the best person to name anything LOL

Jess2017

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Watch their personality and go from there? I'm going to post a thread about this when I get my betta but I was thinking if they have lots of color, DaVinci. Nero, Diesel, Archie.... who is your favorite actor?

Savanna

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hmm. Probably Matt Smith or Michael Sheen. Or The Rock. I'm not sure. I'd never thought about it lol. I enjoy watching Nathan Fillion and Patrick Stewart quite a lot.

Jayhawk29

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a blue betta and named it Marble, just like the blue betta I had when I was a kid. You could do... Gil (haha). Or go with something that is based on their color (that's how I came up with Marble as a kid).

Jess2017

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Savanna said:
Hmm. Probably Matt Smith or Michael Sheen. Or The Rock. I'm not sure. I'd never thought about it lol. I enjoy watching Nathan Fillion and Patrick Stewart quite a lot.
John Luke Pickard was who Patrick played on that series. Pronounced Jean-Luc

Jess2017

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FishKid26 Poseidon was God of the ocean in Greek mythology. His Roman equivalent was Neptune.

Savanna

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jess2017 said:
John Luke Pickard was who Patrick played on that series. Pronounced Jean-Luc
Yeah in Star trek he was Jean-Luc Picard. I like him in other things as well.

OP
FishKid26

FishKid26

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jess2017 said:
FishKid26 Poseidon was God of the ocean in Greek mythology. His Roman equivalent was Neptune.
Ooh I hadn't thought to do Neptune! I love Greek mythology so I'd been considering names relating to it! I think maybe Neptune and Ulysses

Jess2017

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FishKid26 said:
Ooh I hadn't thought to do Neptune! I love Greek mythology so I'd been considering names relating to it! I think maybe Neptune and Ulysses
I'm way into Greek mythology, Norse, pretty much a mythology nerd here!

Jess2017

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Captain Barbosa, Captain Jack Sparrow...Blackbeard, Will Turner, Davey Jones, The Black Pearl, Captain Hook.... Yes if I ever get a puffer fish I shall name him Cap'n Crunch

New Threads