Naming an Archer Fish

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's been more than a week now since I got my archer fish and I still can't find a name for him. His personality is quite interesting... He can be very quiet, shy and act cute but if you look deeper, he can be very fierce! So I was thinking of naming him one of the cartoon characters that are quite shy but fierce at the same time but I forgot the name... Can anyone think of any names for him? :helpsmilie:

Attachments

gunner13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know it's a bit gross but how about SPITTLE seeing as they spit water to knock their prey of branches and all.

leeishom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I usually name my fishes with 1 strong, meaningful names or initials of a long name.
I also promote the name the poster above suggested- robin hood.
Did you get that archer at a LFS?

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Artemis? A girl goddess, but could be a male name too. Her symbols were the bow and arrow, so seems fitting

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'll go with Robin Hood. It suited him when I called him out Yes, leeishom, I got him from an LFS where they bring in seasonal stocks of Archer fish. Meaning, only once in a blue moon they'd have Archer fish in their tanks.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love archers I have one in my brackish tank that is around 6 years old.... he loves meal worms and small crickets n it is fun to watch him eat. I liked the robin hood name and Squirt

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How bout Adlebert or Waldron. Adlebert Waldron holds the us military sniper record for confirmed kills.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom