Name this snail

Eldy
Anyone ideas??

20210506_182951.jpg

20210506_183001.jpg

20210506_183008.jpg

JLAquatics
A bladder snail for sure.
I have had bladder snails in my tanks for over a year (with no ill effects) and I have found ways to control their populations if you cannot get rid of them all.
1. Do not overfeed. Overfeeding fish food or any organic matter will result in a population explosion in snails as they will utilize the extra nutrients to expand their colony.
2. Control their populations by picking up natural predators. Various Loaches and Assassin snails make great inhabitants if your bladder snail population gets out of hand.
3. Manual removal by placing a veggie in the tank at night and taking it out the next morning. Bladder snails are opportunistic and will eat most anything they can find. You will be able to remove good chunks of their population by doing this.
4. Regular fish tank maintenance. This is a big one, regularly cleaning the tank and performing water changes will remove some of the waste and detritus that builds up (a food source for Bladder snails).
Ultimately, bladder snails IMO are not as bad as many point them out to be. They are great detritovores and algae eaters and with a little fine tuning on your end they can actually benefit your tank overall.

jtjgg
looks like a bladder snail.

GlennO
Bruce.

Eldy
Awesome. At least the out break of snails is only in the nursery tank. At this point. Just means the green phantom pleco needs to move faster for the veggies.

Going to let mother nature take it course and balance out the colony of snails or I get puffer fish!

Betta'sAnonymous
AggressiveAquatics
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I was thinking more like Norma Jean.
What are you guys talking about lol

Edit nevermind I get it now

GuppyOverlord11
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I was thinking more like Norma Jean.
GlennO said:
For a minute that's what I was thinking at first too! I was going to suggest Floyd.

Eldy
Well norma jean, floyd, and Bruce brought the whole extended family i got about 50 of them little guys running around.

Top Bottom