Name ideas for this beauty??

Highlander88

I am so excited!! I just ordered this gorgeous wee man!! I wanna name him something awesome! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210912-155400.png
    Screenshot_20210912-155400.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 25

Fisch

For some reason 'Vodka' comes to my mind....don't ask why.
He is gorgeous. Where did you order him from?

Highlander88

Picasso the Betta.

That is actually a great name! See I could never come up with cool names. My other Betta is called "Sammich" because I asked my 3 year old what we should call him. She likes to eat sammiches so that is his name
For some reason 'Vodka' comes to my mind....don't ask why.
He is gorgeous. Where did you order him from?

Haha!! I did drink my fair share of that stuff before I had kids! I actually got him on eBay, the seller had great reviews so I decided to chance it.

Fisch

That is actually a great name! See I could never come up with cool names. My other Betta is called "Sammich" because I asked my 3 year old what we should call him. She likes to eat sammiches so that is his name

Haha!! I did drink my fair share of that stuff before I had kids! I actually got him on eBay, the seller had great reviews so I decided to chance it.
Is he bred in the US or comes direct from Thailand, do you know?

Highlander88

Is he bred in the US or comes direct from Thailand, do you know?
In the description the seller noted that he sources his Bettas from his family's Betta farm and from a few trusted Betta farms in Thailand. He is based in CA though. So I'm not 100% sure where this little guy is from. He doesn't state where his family farm is.

StarGirl

My Betta is Redfish.....so....lol

Highlander88

My Betta is Redfish.....so....lol
My last Betta was Steve Irwin.....because I'm still not over his death. And now Steve the Betta is gone too the universe just didn't want Steve Irwin on the planet

Cue

Ohhoho

For one, ‘Wee Man’ is absolutely a relevant contender.

Other names:
Viva - vivacious, attractively lively and animated

Ostent - ostentatious, designed to impress or attract notice.

Baroque - highly ornate and extravagant in style

Rak - rakish, having or displaying a dashing, jaunty, or slightly disreputable quality or appearance

Lurid - very vivid in color, especially so as to create an unpleasantly harsh or unnatural effect.

Taz - Tanzanite

Absinthe - an (illegal) alcoholic drink

Vermouth - an alcoholic drink

Bellini - an alcoholic drink

Napellus - a poisonous flower also known as monkshood or wolfsbane.

peachsonas

Dionysus :) the god of wine!!!

Highlander88

Ohhoho

For one, ‘Wee Man’ is absolutely a relevant contender.

Other names:
Viva - vivacious, attractively lively and animated

Ostent - ostentatious, designed to impress or attract notice.

Baroque - highly ornate and extravagant in style

Rak - rakish, having or displaying a dashing, jaunty, or slightly disreputable quality or appearance

Lurid - very vivid in color, especially so as to create an unpleasantly harsh or unnatural effect.

Taz - Tanzanite

Absinthe - an (illegal) alcoholic drink

Vermouth - an alcoholic drink

Bellini - an alcoholic drink

Napellus - a poisonous flower also known as monkshood or wolfsbane.

Looooove these! And yes Wee Man is a great choice actually! I'm from Scotland originally so anything male that is smaller than me is automatically a Wee Man! Haha!
Dionysus :) the god of wine!!!

Woah, I had no idea there was a god of wine!! I need to read some books! I love that name!!

BigManAquatics

Monet

I named my most recent betta Negan....yes, from the walking dead.

Highlander88

Monet

I named my most recent betta Negan....yes, from the walking dead.
Watching that gorgeous man on my tv right about now!!

PAcanis

I got mine off Ebay, too, and was extremely happy with everything.

Highlander88

I got mine off Ebay, too, and was extremely happy with everything.

Perfect! I've always had a great experience with eBay and I know if things don't go well ebay will refund me but this seller has a lot of positive feedback. I'm so excited!

PAcanis

I've started buying plants off Etsy, too.
A plant from this seller, a plant from that one.

It seems none of the big shops have everything I want. They are always out of stock of one thing. And to get just one or two plants they charge a lot for shipping costs. Whereas Etsy sellers you might pay a couple bucks more for the plant, but shipping is free.

Highlander88

I've started buying plants off Etsy, too.
A plant from this seller, a plant from that one.

It seems none of the big shops have everything I want. They are always out of stock of one thing. And to get just one or two plants they charge a lot for shipping costs. Whereas Etsy sellers you might pay a couple bucks more for the plant, but shipping is free.

I've ordered a several bunches of plants on eBay and unfortunately very few have taken in my tank. But the ones I buy in person are all flourishing. My tank is heavily planted and as a result I can go months between proper water changes. I haven't tried Etsy though so I will check it out! Pet store plants are expensive! I definitely love the prices on eBay that's for sure.

betta06

maybe skittles or Aura (the lights in the sky kind) I am bad at naming fish so I usually just name them from books/movies I like ;)

and I just noticed smilies are back!!!

Fisch

When is he supposed to arrive? You made a decision on the name or will that happen when you will actually see him?

Pikephillips322

Wow! He’s gorgeous!!
I like Picasso or DiVinci

Qzar61

I am so excited!! I just ordered this gorgeous wee man!! I wanna name him something awesome! Any suggestions? Thanks!
I was thinking Peacock cause he shows himself like one

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sokamix
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
  • Question
Replies
Views
Mistacliff