Name For A Aquatic Plant Website In Florida?

Jheila

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I used to buy all my plants from a website that was located in my state, Florida. But now I can't for the life of me remember what their name was! I've tried googling all sorts of key terms with florida, looked through my emails for order confirmations, looked through my paypal account, everything!
It was something "B___ Aquatics" I feel like... It was a kinda funny name? The webpage was brownish, and they sold pond plants and aquarium plants, but I ordered them from them all the time, and everything arrived perfectly!
I'm starting to think maybe they closed, but I don't want to give up! I really loved their selection, prices, and their shipping was always reliable!

If I really can no longer find them, what are some online plant stores that are in Florida? I always order within my state, because when I don't the plants arrive dead : (

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh my gosh. I feel that I know which site the OP is talking about. Brown layout, unusual name that starts with a B... both fit with a site I've visited, but can't for the life of me remember the name either! Thing is, I thought the place was located in AL or LA. I will keep looking for that site, but in the meantime, here's a few Florida based sites that came up in my own search.

I understand wanting to buy in state. I'm also in Florida and can't for the life of me figure out why it's so hard to find healthy cardinal tetra fish in a store... which I know are wild caught and imported. But still, considering we are in the fish farm state, like, what the heck? I don't feel I should have to have fish shipped at all and would prefer to remove that stressor.

Sorry for the rant. What I meant to say is, though I feel you on staying in-state, I've heard very good things about some out of state suppliers like Peabody's Paradise and BucePlant. Buying in state does not guarantee health in my experience and what I consider to be more important is a company's good reputation for their live orders actually arriving and stay alive for the most part, (you will always find some bad reviews, but we also have to consider the fact that some of these reviewers did not care properly for their new arrivals.)

I've also had very good luck with plants from other Fishlore members from as far away as New York.

OP
Jheila

Jheila

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you for your help!
I agree, I wish I had more choices of buying other than online! I bought from Peabody's Paradise too, I thought they were in Florida? Or maybe close to Florida? But I think they're closed now, aren't they? I can't figure out their website in it's current set up : (

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Idk if Peabody's is in Florida, but it sure wouldn't surprise me. We're lucky in the way of aquaculture in our state. I did check their site before posting and saw a message saying that they are not selling plants now because of a hiatus... which has been in place for a year now. So, perhaps that is no longer an option.

Perhaps some of Fishlore's best in-country aquascapers/planted keepers might have more ideas than I do. -Mak- Lchi87 Jocelyn Adelman Silister Trench ashenwelt

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not sure about Florida stores, but typically I order from buce plant and han aquatics. Buceplant is in Cali, I'm in NC, everything still arrives in good shape. If you want to almost guarantee healthy arrival you can order in-vitro plants, which live in sterile cups and have a longer shelf life

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
imperial tropicals is based out of florida I think? Their plants and customer service are great!

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Imperial is out of Florida, another I recommend is an aquabid seller from fla, screen name is 90215 (maybe??)

WAIT!!!! Bama plants??.?

Another vote for han aquatics, based out of northeast, always packaged well.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yay Jocelyn!!! Bama Plants was the exact one I was trying to remember and couldn't. Thought these guys were actually in Bama... Alabama that is, but their contact address is indeed in Florida. I really think you hit the nail on the head here, and I really wanted to remember too as they seem to have some plants that others don't. Bookmarked to protect me from my own forgetfulness.

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
No idea how I remembered it... haven’t ordered from them, but I remembered a brown-ish Page while looking into mineralized substrate (believe they were out of stock at the time)...
Amazing the silly things we remember, and the important things we forget

New Threads