mystery starfish??

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jan 2, 2013.

1. showjumper_girl2002Valued MemberMember

i bought some corals today and had them aclimating when i noticed something stuck to the side of the bucket in with the corals. i took a closer look and low and behold it was a teeny tiny starfish! i left it in the bucket and came back later to put my corals in my tank. well after placing everything i noticed no more starfish in my bucket so i must have put it in my tank attached to one of my corals :/ i wasn't planning on putting it in my tank until i knew what kind it was and if it was reef safe. hopefully i didn't screw up! anyway, before accidentally putting it in my tank i did take a picture. does anyone know what kind it is and if it is reef safe? i apolagize for the bad pic, i took it with my phone and the starfish was a bit small to get a good picture. it is missing a leg or two.

[​IMG]

2. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Asterina starfish maybe. Scavenger, algae and detritus eater with a small percentage of them that might harm corals - more info on them here:  

3. showjumper_girl2002Valued MemberMember

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice