Mystery snails

Poundcake

I’m really new to this. I just got 3 mystery snails 2 days ago. Yesterday it looked as if 2 of them were quite friendly for a couple hours, latching on to each other. This evening, one of them dropped what looked like eggs below the water line. Everything I’m reading says they won’t survive. Is it possible to move them up above the waterline and have them live? I appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• E059040D-7760-4C07-966E-8E1EA8BF0FC2.jpeg
    E059040D-7760-4C07-966E-8E1EA8BF0FC2.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 59

LaTulip

That actually looks more like waste. What you’re looking for when they lay a clutch is something like in my photo
image.jpg

Poundcake

Oh, okay. Thanks so much!

LaTulip

Anytime! I have a ton of mystery snails so ask away

Poundcake

What can I do to encourage mating? I’m hoping for some babies. Like I said, I’m very new to this. I’m reading lots of things, but it would be great to get some advice from someone who has experience. Any good websites or places I should pay attention to?

LaTulip

If you are interested in breeding just keep your water about 2 inches below the rim. This will allow them to have a place to rest their clutch. Also offer high calcium and high protein foods...ie. blanched greens, Cucumbers, green beans, kale, cabbage, squash...etc. These are high in protein and for the calcium, I make my own snello. It’s basically just baby food, calcium carbonate, and unflavored gelatin. I tried a few recipes from YouTube but eventually had to resort to trying my own mix because apparently my MS change their likes and wants LOL. Anyhow, they will eventually mate. That is considering you have opposite sexes... they are not A-sexual. Also, try not to over feed because that will make your tank smell like a Walmart bathroom *yuck* It happened to me when I first fell in love with MS. But I love my fresh air more Hahahaha.

LaTulip

Try this video. BB does a really good job of breaking down the sexing of them

Similar Aquarium Threads

5 Gallon Tank Betta Or Mystery Snail?
Replies
Views
Salem
Replies
Views
Rtessy
  • Question
  • Bunkerchunk