mystery snails !!

Robbo

Reaction score
Does anyone know plants they don't eat as they seems to have eaten evey plant I have or recommed some snails that don't eat plants and are as good cleaners as mystery snails

Thanks

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you dropping in veggie/algae wafers for your snails occasionally? I have never had a problem with them eating plants. Check here and see for sure what kind of snails you have.
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as mystery snails?? if so I think I have one-- I've had my 20 gallon tank with 9 fish and two live plants for two months now and all of a sudden a little baby snail has appeared. Could it have come from the pet store where I bought one of the plants??? Is there any thing else I shoul dknow about caring for it now that It's here to stay?? Will bottom feeder pellets be good for food-- that is what i have now for my catfish?? LILA

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 3 mystery snails now (Ivory type) and I have not had a plant problem and they have crawled all over them eating the algae. They are not bothering my sword plants, Anubias, or Aponogenton plants. (not sure of spelling unfortunately) I do feed a small amount of Omega One Veggie Rounds to supplement their diets every now and then and they love them.

Rose

luper

Reaction score
i have like one or two I GUESS from plants i put in and it moves alot during the day on the glass and i saw it ONCE climbing some hairgrass i got... but not too long mostly jsut on the glass.
-luper

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom