Mystery Snails Pulling Up And Eating Flourish Tabs????

Fancyfins
HI all, I recently got two mystery snails, and one of them loves to pull up my root tabs! I’ve buried them way into the substrate and he STILL finds a way to pull them up! And he takes big chunks out of them also! (Presuming he eats them.) I’ve already fed him, and he still does it! How do I get him to stop? (If I can.) And do any of you guys’ snails do this?

Aqua 59
Your snail may feel it's not getting enough essential vitamins/minerals. Do you feed it blanched vegetables or greens?

Fancyfins
Not yet, I just got it Monday and wanted to give it some time to get used to the tank. Maybe I’ll try to feed him some spinach today....

Aqua 59
Yeah. Spinach is rich in vitamins, maybe then he'll stop.

Fancyfins
Might actually stick a piece in now while I still have some in my fridge, I’ll probably forget and eat it all if I don’t put some in today.

Aqua 59
Make sure you wash the spinach off really good- it might have chemicals/fertilizers on it.

Fancyfins
I just put some in (Rinsed it off.) and he zoomed right over and started munching on It! I never knew they could move so fast!

WTFish?
I just put some in (Rinsed it off.) and he zoomed right over and started munching on It! I never knew they could move so fast!
Yay! And yeah, I’ve never understood the “snails pace” reference lol

Fancyfins
I just took the spinach out cause I didn’t want it to start getting icky. He left a ton of holes all over it and is now sleeping in the corner. Hopefully he won’t be pulling up my root tabs anymore if I do this every other day or so. (I still have a decent amount of algae that they haven’t found yet.) Thanks for the help with this!!!

WTFish?
I just took the spinach out cause I didn’t want it to start getting icky. He left a ton of holes all over it and is now sleeping in the corner. Hopefully he won’t be pulling up my root tabs anymore if I do this every other day or so. (I still have a decent amount of algae that they haven’t found yet.) Thanks for the help with this!!!
I just put spinach in for my two and they went the opposite direction....so far. Lol

Fancyfins
Just wait till they see it! Then they will be all over it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BLB
  • Question
Replies
Views
Marlene327
  • Question
Replies
Views
IzabelB