Mystery Snails Eating From The Surface

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Littlebudda, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Littlebudda

Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but it was super cool watching my mystery snails eating flake from the surface [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    Littlebudda

Are the photos showing up for you guys?

3. OP
    OP
    Littlebudda

Are the photos showing up for you guys?

4. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I see them, Mystery Snails are funny as can be, they do all sorts of stuff. Mine has done that but they don't do it on purpose, if they are at the top when I feed they will eat what they catch.

5. OP
    OP
    Littlebudda

Good you can see them just big x on my screen.

Mine seem to hang out near the surface at the end I feed in the morning and grab what they can before the guppies pig out

6. toolman

toolman Well Known Member Member

Cool pics!, mine have not ever done that although I have seen them eat pellets off the bottom many times.

7. OP
    OP
    Littlebudda

Yeah mine are great cleanup crew on the bottom also but since the guppies have started breeding less and less is making it there

8. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

Is adorable to watch them make the funnel with their foot to catch the food on the surface. Great pics :)

9. jtwizz

jtwizz Valued Member Member

My guy does that too he actually knows when it's feeding time and usually makes a point to hang out near the surface for the evening feeding. It's so adorable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice