Mystery Snails at PetSmart | Page 2

Discussion in 'Snails' started by AllHallowsEve31, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Leigh Muckey

Leigh MuckeyNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    1 year
    My blue mystery snails have showed behavior like this before. I've noticed that some of my snails are just... well.... sluggish and just don't run around the tank as some of the others. As long as he's in a different place every time you see him and he's still eating you should be good. He may have climbed to the top of the filter to eat some goodies up there. My guys have made short shore excursions before and haven't been worse for wear.

2. OP
    OP
    AllHallowsEve31

AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    Just started
    Thanks! Also, he is still pretty small and young, so maybe thats why he's more timid. My bigger snail is all over the place lol.

3. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +18
    Experience:
    1 year
    I wouldn't worry about it, as long as he's not out of the water he's fine. What have you been feeding them so far? With mine, different snails have different tastes, the girls seem to need/want more protein than the boys also so you might throw a shrimp pellet in there and see if there are any takers.

4. OP
    OP
    AllHallowsEve31

AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    Just started
    I have been feeding them algae wafers, and The golden snail also eats leftover frog pellets, but I will be getting them some kind of veggies soon for calcium

Become a Fishlore Member