29 Gallon Tank Mystery snail's and Kuhli loaches?

Aquarium77

I'm starting A 29 gallon tank (sand, and heavily planted) with my betta, and I'm going to have 2-3 mystery snail's, And would Like to have a school of Kuhli loaches. I've heard Kuhli loaches might eat snails, So I'm wonder if They would Try anything with the mystery snails? (who will most likely be babies).

BigManAquatics

If they not bigger than the loaches mouths, i would certainly think they are a possible meal.

Upvote 0

Aquarium77

If they not bigger than the loaches mouths, i would certainly think they are a possible meal.
Ok thank you, because I wanted to keep a school of them in the same tank as 2 mystery snails. :)

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

no do not worry plus ive had both in the same, they dont care about eachother

Upvote 0

Aquarium77

no do not worry plus ive had both in the same, they dont care about eachother
Also I have decided my tank will have a school of 6 Kuhli loaches, 1 betta, and 1 mystery snail, and that will max out my tank and I will get no more fish.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

kuhlies are super timmid even with 6 you may never see them in a 29

Upvote 0

Aquarium77

kuhlies are super timmid even with 6 you may never see them in a 29
I'm fine with that, as long as they exist in the tank I'm happy.

Upvote 0

Yeoy

If that's all you're stocking in a 29g and it's heavily planted I'd probably get more kuhlis. Like most bottom dwellers they do better in bigger groups and you'll see them more if they feel more comfortable. Obviously depends on filtration, and you want to give them some shelter/hiding places etc... but I'd have more than 6.

Upvote 0

Aquarium77

If that's all you're stocking in a 29g and it's heavily planted I'd probably get more kuhlis. Like most bottom dwellers they do better in bigger groups and you'll see them more if they feel more comfortable. Obviously depends on filtration, and you want to give them some shelter/hiding places etc... but I'd have more than 6.
How many should I get then?

Upvote 0

Yeoy

How many should I get then?
If it's just the Betta and a snail you could probably have 10-12 I'd say. Maybe more but not 100%. I'd probably by 6 first and give them a fortnight to acclimate, let your tank adjust etc... and then up the school if you want to.

Upvote 0

yeti79

They pose no threat to mystery snails. Kuhlis have a low bioload so would get as many as you feel comfortable with. The more you have the happier they will be. With your intended stocking may be able to get 20 or more in a group once your tank matures.

Upvote 0

Aquarium77

They pose no threat to mystery snails. Kuhlis have a low bioload so would get as many as you feel comfortable with. The more you have the happier they will be. With your intended stocking may be able to get 20 or more in a group once your tank matures.
Thank you, I think Ill start with a school of 6-7 and and then work my school up from there.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
1dat000
20 Gallon Tank Can I add more?
Replies
Views
samanther98
  • Question
Replies