Mystery Snail Plant Climb

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Treefork, Apr 20, 2010.

1. TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

A little grainy video because of my phone but here's my mysterysnail, a little under golfball size climbing an 8 inch plant vertically. It doesn't tip until he gets to the top. Pretty impressive snail balance. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwIvzJGj0O8

2. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

hahaha, aww, cute :) he is pretty big ! my little nerites need a lesson from him on how to climb plants. they've not really gotten that concept yet!

3. Beth1965Well Known MemberMember

I love to watch my snails do their tricks. I think I watch them as much if not more than the fish

4. marina3Valued MemberMember

I know! I just found my gold mystery parked in the middle of a vertically standing fakeplant!!! I had to take a second look! Next thing it is on the gravel...This snail is so fast and always on the move. I got a blue mystery and it hardly moves....is that normal?

5. TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

Yeah some move more than others. I have 3 golds and two of them (the bigger ones) are constantly doing something. Fighting over algae wafers with the cories or just nonstop scavenging. I've actually got a batch of eggs they laid because I let my water a little too low. :) Hopefully these ones will hatch, the ones they laid in my 10 gallon right next to the light bulb are no good. I waited just in case but they dried out big time. I touched the fresh ones and they are a little bit softer feeling, and not directly next to the bulb.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice