Mystery Snail Not Moving And Floating Sideways Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Vortexed, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Vortexed

VortexedValued MemberMember

Hello,

I got a new Mystery Snail from my pet store because I thought they looked cute. I put it in my tank and accumulated it even though the store said it wasn't that important, and then I put him in the tank. I haven't seen him come out of his shell much at all, so I looked up some stuff and thought maybe he was stuck. So I try to put him flat on the ground or on a decoration, but he keeps floating a little bit sideways but not enough to go up the tank much. Any help?

2. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

If you acclimated and your parameters are in check then he’s probably just settling in. It can take days. Even after that they’ll nap or rest for days at a time too. They have the ability to hold air and sort of float.

3. OP
    OP
    Vortexed

VortexedValued MemberMember

Ok, and what if my fish sometimes push the snail around? Either as a toy or on accident, I only have about three fish. Two Juvenile goldfish and a Pleco.

4. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Hm, I’ve heard things about goldfish not being good with snails but I have no idea, hopefully someone else can chime in.

5. Cognac82

Cognac82Valued MemberMember

My goldfish are snail eaters but the mystery snails are too big to be food. Lucky them. Pest snails don't stand a chance in my goldfish tanks. As long as your goldfish can't fit the snail in their mouth it should be ok.