Mystery Snail Laying Eggs?

SuperMon

Noticed my snail next to egg sac like object, but its below water and they don't look like the s I researched for a clutch to look like. Are these infertile eggs? Should I remove them or move them above the water line? New to snails . . .I know they can reproduce even when the lone snail, I had another snail a month ago (died), so I'm not surprised of the presence of the clutch, but I think it looks odd compared to photos of white round eggs. My snail is busy making another cluster . . .

Cheesecake

That brown thing on the glass? If that is what your talking about, then I'm going to say those are leftovers

P.S. Welcome to Fishlore

Ohio Mark

I'm watching with interest...

I returned from a week's vacation to find two large lumps of tan-pink hard eggs on the lid of my tank and my fish-babysitter all worried. I have never even seen mystery snail eggs before, but can't figure out what else they could be...

SuperMon

Canaculus said:
That brown thing on the glass? If that is what your talking about, then I'm going to say those are leftovers

P.S. Welcome to Fishlore
Ooooo okay I thought snail poop was darker and usually stringy, I guess like fish poop. Okay no eggs for me thanks for the reply

Cheesecake

Ohio Mark said:

I returned from a week's vacation to find two large lumps of tan-pink hard eggs on the lid of my tank and my fish-babysitter all worried. I have never even seen mystery snail eggs before, but can't figure out what else they could be...
Could you get a pic to make absolutely certain? It's almost 100% that's what they are. If you want to keep the babies, leave them where they are. They do best in the original egg-laying location.

Ohio Mark

I don't have a camera or smart phone... I'm guessing the fish might devour the babies?

Cheesecake

Ohio Mark said:
I don't have a camera or smart phone... I'm guessing the fish might devour the babies?
Maybe. What fish are they? I had Ruby Red Minnows in with my snail babies and they were mostly fine (with a casualty here and there).

Ohio Mark

Some Bolivian Rams, cories, and a single male apisto.

Cheesecake

That seems fine to me .

WTFish?

Looks like poop! Lol
Ohio Mark said:

Cool, Mark! Wishing you luck, mine won’t reproduce.

Jimmie93

You better get used to this snails will reproduce so much that after a while you have to start getting rid of them but those are eggs.

WTFish?

Jimmie93 said:
You better get used to this snails will reproduce so much that after a while you have to start getting rid of them but those are eggs.
The above photo is not mystery snail eggs in my opinion, but poop!

Cheesecake

Jimmie93 said:
The brown thing on the glass are turds, dude.

Jimmie93

WTFish? said:
The above photo is not mystery snail eggs in my opinion, but poop!
Yea I thought that gel looking stuff above the water might have been eggs but after looking again I think it's just slime.

ZEKE KING

Looks like what my snails poop out after they've eaten a sinking algae wafer, usually when they are stealing from my BN pleco. I've had luck cutting down on everyone's waste by feeding them vegetables like spinach etc since it has less filler.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom