Mystery Snail Keeps Flipping Itself?

ladyrivermouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a new blue mystery snail in my tank, he came with three other about two weeks ago and the others zooming around the tank just fine, but he seems to be behaving strangely. He's sitting at the bottom of the tank and he keeps flipping himself onto his side or his back. He sat there for a long time the other day half folded up so I picked him up and he retreated, he's still retreating now, but when I put him back down at the bottom of the tank then he flips back over on his side or on his back. He's been doing this for a few days and I don't think he's eaten anything or moved from that spot. I'm very concerned about the little guy, is he okay? Should I be concerned?

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think their behavior is why they have the name Mystery . In my experience, they are much more active when they're hungry. If they have fed on a bottom pellet or Pleco Wafer, they might close up and not move for a couple of days except to occasionally go up to refill on air.

ladyrivermouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dch48 said:
I think their behavior is why they have the name Mystery . In my experience, they are much more active when they're hungry. If they have fed on a bottom pellet or Pleco Wafer, they might close up and not move for a couple of days except to occasionally go up to refill on air.
That makes a lot of sense, I dropped some cucumber in the tank and he suddenly perked up. I guess they really are little mysteries sometimes

Duardo

Valued Member
Reaction score
they also tend to get air stuck in their shell which makes them flip upside down or to the side, so dont worry hes fine lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom