Mystery Snail Id And Advice?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Bry, Apr 21, 2018.

1. BryWell Known MemberMember

I have nerite snails in two of my tanks, and an apple in another. So for my fourth tank I decided to change it up and got a mystery snail. Do they have any sort of special care? He has a chocolate brown shell but a light gold "body?" When I can see him he's usually on the glass or hanging around the live plants.

2. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

There is a mystery snail care sheet pinned in this forum. have a read through. They do have special requirements and need to be fed (they are not just a clean up crew). Mystery Snail Care Sheet. Pringlethesnail has also done a care sheet this was a bit more info Mystery Snail Care/sickness Guide.

They are beautiful aren't they. I love mine, although he's a picky eater!

3. BryWell Known MemberMember

Mine seems to love to adventure. One minute he's hiding under a plant, the next he's somehow climbed onto the intake of the filter and it hanging out near the waterline. I think I offended him today because I think he was sleeping. Just sitting at the bottom completely in his shell. I picked him up, smelled him, seemed fine. Set him back in the tank and he immediately came out and went under a plant lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice