Mystery Snail Id And Advice?

Bry

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have nerite snails in two of my tanks, and an apple in another. So for my fourth tank I decided to change it up and got a mystery snail. Do they have any sort of special care? He has a chocolate brown shell but a light gold "body?" When I can see him he's usually on the glass or hanging around the live plants.

Mazeus

Well Known
Reaction score
There is a mystery snail care sheet pinned in this forum. have a read through. They do have special requirements and need to be fed (they are not just a clean up crew). Mystery Snail Care Sheet. Pringlethesnail has also done a care sheet this was a bit more info Mystery Snail Care/sickness Guide.

They are beautiful aren't they. I love mine, although he's a picky eater!

OP
Bry

Bry

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine seems to love to adventure. One minute he's hiding under a plant, the next he's somehow climbed onto the intake of the filter and it hanging out near the waterline. I think I offended him today because I think he was sleeping. Just sitting at the bottom completely in his shell. I picked him up, smelled him, seemed fine. Set him back in the tank and he immediately came out and went under a plant lol

New Threads