Mystery snail growth

Bunkerchunk

I’ve just had a clutch of mystery snail eggs hatch in my 20 gallon tank. The young are too hard to count right now but I would guess there’s about 20-30 babies.
I have a few more clutches that look close to hatching as well.
I’ve never had mystery snail babies before & was wondering how fast they grow & what is a typical survival rate for them?
Just wondering how much time I have before I have to decide what to do with them (I obviously can’t keep that many in a 20 gallon)

Candace

What's your stock? I wouldn't let more than 2 clutches hatch in a 20g even if it's not fully stocked. I'm not sure about survival rate (I didn't monitor that with mine) but you're sure to have a higher survival rate if it's easier for them to find food and reach air, I recommend getting a breeder box for the next batch. It takes about 2 months for them to reach selling size (pea size; .3"). Below is a video I find pretty interesting

Upvote 0

Debbie1986

I grew out a clutch last year, end number was about 80 snails

maybe 1 died as a young 1, survival rate was pretty high

gave a few to co-workers (8) and then then rest to local fish store ( about 65)

I kept them in a 10 gallon until the size of a small gum ball and then had to split them up into 2 ten gallon tanks and over flow into my 38 community tank.

at about 6 weeks, I started rehoming them.

good luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • leemarie
  • Snails
Replies
Views
leemarie
Replies
Views
Debbie1986