Mystery Snail Feeding.

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Cs10388, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Cs10388New MemberMember

How on earth do I get my mystery snails to eat cucumber, zucchini, etc? I put it in there overnight and in the morning it's not touched. I suction it to the glass with a veggie clip. I've tried near the bottom, middle and top and nothing. I'm afraid they might be starving or something. I do put shrimp pelllets and algae tablets in at night too. I just don't know what to do.

2. clk89Fishlore VIPMember

Have you tried making snail jello? You may also try leaving it in an entire day.

3. Cs10388New MemberMember

No I haven't made snail jello yet, it might be my last resort. They're more active at night, so I left it in all night, about 10 hours. And not even a nibble.

4. fjhWell Known MemberMember

It is possible they are getting enough to eat without the veggies and stuff you are adding, especially if you overfeed the tank.

I'd take a slice of cucumber and leave it in the bottom of the tank for 48 hours. Just make sure to take it out after 2 days so that it doesn't go bad

5. SallImSayinValued MemberMember

My Mystery snails eat Goldfish Crisps and Tropical flakes. They eat right alongside the fish. They grow so fast, it's almost like you can see it happening.

6. RyleighJValued MemberMember

I always blanch my veggies and let them to sink to the bottom, because my snail seems to like picking it up with his food and munching on it like that.

7. Cs10388New MemberMember

I'm going to try and blanche the cucumber and leave it in longer. I do feed the tank shrimp pellets and algae tablets because I also have cory cats and one stick catfish in with them. Also 4 female bettas, so I do feed them flakes. I try hard not to over feed them. I am a recovering habitual overfeeder. Lol. I'm trying to break the habit.

8. PringlethesnailWell Known MemberMember

Try hikari sinking bottom feeder wafers in the orange package. It contains everything they need nutritionally and they love it! Then once a or twice week do a veggie or an algae wafer. The orange package wafers are small and I find one adult snail eats about one a day

9. Cs10388New MemberMember

Never heard of those. Where'd you find them? I still haven't gotten them to eat fresh veggies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice