Mystery Snail Feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cs10388

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How on earth do I get my mystery snails to eat cucumber, zucchini, etc? I put it in there overnight and in the morning it's not touched. I suction it to the glass with a veggie clip. I've tried near the bottom, middle and top and nothing. I'm afraid they might be starving or something. I do put shrimp pelllets and algae tablets in at night too. I just don't know what to do.

OP
Cs10388

Cs10388

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Have you tried making snail jello? You may also try leaving it in an entire day.
No I haven't made snail jello yet, it might be my last resort. They're more active at night, so I left it in all night, about 10 hours. And not even a nibble.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is possible they are getting enough to eat without the veggies and stuff you are adding, especially if you overfeed the tank.

I'd take a slice of cucumber and leave it in the bottom of the tank for 48 hours. Just make sure to take it out after 2 days so that it doesn't go bad

OP
Cs10388

Cs10388

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm going to try and blanche the cucumber and leave it in longer. I do feed the tank shrimp pellets and algae tablets because I also have cory cats and one stick catfish in with them. Also 4 female bettas, so I do feed them flakes. I try hard not to over feed them. I am a recovering habitual overfeeder. Lol. I'm trying to break the habit.

OP
Cs10388

Cs10388

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Try hikari sinking bottom feeder wafers in the orange package. It contains everything they need nutritionally and they love it! Then once a or twice week do a veggie or an algae wafer. The orange package wafers are small and I find one adult snail eats about one a day
Never heard of those. Where'd you find them? I still haven't gotten them to eat fresh veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom