Mystery Snail Eggs

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I found some mystery snail eggs. I scraped them off the glass and put them in a closed jar with a wet paper towel floating in the tank. Should I do anything else? How long do they usually take to hatch?

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does high humidity or temperature make them hatch faster? I made sure the paper towel wasn’t too wet.

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can less than 1 inch mystery snails lay eggs?

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 1 mystery snail that is 1.5-2 inches and 3 that are less than one inch. I’ve had the larger one a few months and the small ones about 1 month. How did they have eggs if 3 of them aren’t mature?

Magz2019

Reaction score
Did you get them in a tank with a bunch of other snails? Mystery snail females can store sperm up to a year, and lay eggs whenever the parameters are just right.

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I did get it from a tank with other snails but it was also less than 1 inch when I got it and it grew very quickly.

AquaBluMom

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mystery Snails will surprise you. You need to make sure there’s air getting into the jar. The clutch (eggs) need air.
Since it’s the first clutch they may or may not hatch. Humidity and warmth are good for the clutch.

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have been opening the jar about 1 hour every day and spraying water every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t completely dry.
The eggs have a very strong kind of rotten smell. Does this mean they won’t hatch?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom