Mystery snail eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Snails' started by oscardude, Jan 7, 2013.

1. oscardude

oscardudeValued MemberMember

Just noticed a clutch of mystery snail eggs! ! Any advice on how to care for them?

2. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

keep them above the water line and get them a little wet every once and a while i reckon is how it is done

3. OP
    OP
    oscardude

What do healthy snail eggs look like? Are they supposed to be gooey or what? The outside of mine seem kinda dry.

4. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Not gooey looking but not dried out either! Just make sure you keep them moist by squirting tank water on them twice a day. If your tank is humid, you may not have to do that. Where did she put the clutch?

Good luck and hopefully in a few weeks, you will start seeing some babies!!!

5. OP
    OP
    oscardude

Thanks. She put them on the side just above the water line. I've kept it about 2inches low just for this reason. I'm excited but I don't think I caught it in time. They were dry and kinda hard when I found them. I did break it open so it would fit on the piece of styrofoam I have it floating on and the inside is still moist. How long till they hatch? If they hatch.

6. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Thats good you did that ( the styrofoam )
    Normally all mine have taken between 12 - 20 days to hatch. You will start to notice the eggs getting dark spots when they are ready. Just keep watering them but make sure you don't keep them drenched, otherwise you will start to see the eggs getting moldy.
    Good luck! Can you post a picture?

7. OP
    OP
    oscardude

Thanks for the advice. I will post a pic when I get home from work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice