Question Mystery snail crawled out of shell...what to do?

Kitley

Reaction score
I think this happened sometime in the night. I thought it was a small newborn.....I put him in his own dish with aquarium water. Do they do this, and is there a chance he is alive? Should I put the empy shell in with him, in case he is alive so he will crawl back in? Ugh I spend so much time worrying about my Mysteries!

OP
K

Kitley

Reaction score
don't know how to post pics.First saw what looked like a new lil snail in amongst my plants. Turned him over with my net to see. Then saw white stuff ...looks like muscle attached to what I think is his foot. There is one shell that looks like it may be empty.

BeardedTetra

Reaction score
Kitley said:
I think this happened sometime in the night. I thought it was a small newborn.....I put him in his own dish with aquarium water. Do they do this, and is there a chance he is alive? Should I put the empy shell in with him, in case he is alive so he will crawl back in? Ugh I spend so much time worrying about my Mysteries!
No. They don't do that. It's dead.

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
Yeah, and the white mucus is also a sign. They only come out when they are dead. Sorry for your loss :(. It always sucks to lose a pet.

OP
K

Kitley

Reaction score
not the news I wanted...but thanks guys!

New Threads