Mystery Snail Clutches

Discussion in 'Snails' started by WeAreAllMadHere, Apr 17, 2018.

1. W

WeAreAllMadHere New Member Member

So....our two snails have been mating...a lot! I now have 4 or 5 clutches on the top of the tank but it seems like they're not progressing as its been some time. I've read also about snails needing calcium. I had someone tell me about snail jello. Anyone have any snail tips?? How do you make your food sink if feeding raw veggies???

2. IvyC

IvyC New Member Member

Clutches can take up to 4 weeks to hatch. If they are older than 5 weeks, they will not hatch. If they start looking moldy, it's the baby snails eating their way out. I have cuttlefish bones in my tank to give them calcium. With both cuttlefish bones and veggies, you'll want to blanch them (boil them) until they are soft for the veggies and sink. Let them cool before putting them in your tank of course. I've done snail jello before but snails can be picky so they may or may not like it. My fish and snails liked it though and I think the majority of fish and snails will.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice