Mystery Snail Clutch!

• Thread starter Convoluted77
  • Start date

Convoluted77

I found one of my myster snails outside the tank and sitting on my lucky bamboo.Looks like she left me a present.How do I go about hatching me some baby mystery snails? Thanks :)20200917_135957.jpg

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Thats awesome if they stay moist there they will hatch but there are a few experts here who will guide you better than me, if you decide to leave them there do a video when they hatch

Convoluted77

richiep said:
Thats awesome if they stay moist there they will hatch but there are a few experts here who will guide you better than me, if you decide to leave them there do a video when they hatch
richiep said:
I'll try and do that.im working some long hours at the moment but if the timing works I'll attempt a vid

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Do you think they'll stay moist where they are

Bettybrown922

I successfully hatched a clutch. Take a small tupperware container (disposable one) & cut air holes in the lid. Wet a paper towel with aquarium water. Set the clutch on top of the wet paper towel. Close the lid & let it float on top of the water, right below the lights. Just keep making sure to keep the paper towel damp with aquarium water. It took my clutch almost 4 weeks to hatch. Here are some pics! I don't know why they're sideways? BabyMysterySnails2.jpgBabyMysterySnails.jpg

Convoluted77

richiep said:
I kind of doubt it.Theres not much water splatter going on so I'd probobly have to manually mist them or rig something up to keep them moist.The bamboo that they are on can be lowered closer to the water line and i might be able to use a small bubbler or airline to keep the clutch damp.If not I'll try the paper towel and plastic container method suggested in another post.
Convoluted77 said:
I'll try and do that.im working some long hours at the moment but if the timing works I'll attempt a vid
richiep said:

Convoluted77

Bettybrown922 said:
I successfully hatched a clutch. Take a small tupperware container (disposable one) & cut air holes in the lid. Wet a paper towel with aquarium water. Set the clutch on top of the wet paper towel. Close the lid & let it float on top of the water, right below the lights. Just keep making sure to keep the paper towel damp with aquarium water. It took my clutch almost 4 weeks to hatch. Here are some pics! I don't know why they're sideways? BabyMysterySnails2.jpgBabyMysterySnails.jpg
Very nice.if I cant find a way to keep them damp where they are I'll try your method

Top Bottom