Mystery snail bullying rabbit snail Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by cheesepuff, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

For some reason my black mystery snail, which happens to be the largest in the tank, will not stop of afixing himself to the top of my rabbit's nails shell. I don't think my rabbits snail cares for this much. Why does my mystery snail do this? And yes, he is particularly doing this to my Rabbit snail. he must have done this four times in the last 24 hours.

2. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Is he cleaning off the shell of the rabbit snail ? Alison

3. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

I don't know. =S

Should i just let them be, or should I continue to separate them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I would let them be. Your mystery snail probably is cleaning the shell of the rabbit. I very seriously doubt the mystery will hurt it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. JoyToTheFishesValued MemberMember

lol, when I read the title of this I had to wonder what a 'snail fight' would look like.

6. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

Looks like he's at it again.

7. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

Picture a wrestling match but in slooooooooow motion =P

8. Kyle 2048Valued MemberMember

Looks like the black mystery is trying to mate with the rabbit snail. ???!!!! Cross breed?

Kyle

9. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

That shouldn't be possible right? They're not from the same genus or species?

10. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

No, they can't actually breed. It does look like the mystery snail is trying though, lol. My males try to mate with the other males, I'm thinking mystery snails are just frisky little buggers.

11. PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Theyre not one of the more clever of creatures either, no offense intended :)

12. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I actually find them quite clever myself, lol. The males are definitely single minded though. ;)

13. cheesepuffWell Known MemberMember

Such frisky little Devils

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice