Mystery plant

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Shrimper, Jun 25, 2016.

1. S

Shrimper New Member Member

I bought a plant on impulse (I know I shouldn't have, but it was so pretty on display) and not so sure what it is, any help? Its freshwater, is all I know. 2016-06-24 (1).jpg

2. WeepingShadesOfIndigo

WeepingShadesOfIndigo Valued Member Member

I am totally unsure but maybe look up   see if thats it? I just got some Ambulia and its mistaken for   so I have just been looking into that bias much? But think that maybe it?

EDIT: Cabomia harder to grow but if its Ambulia then I must say Im loving it! Grows fast and is lovely. I had troubles with plants but wow this stuff is already taking off with my low light and is so pretty. Difference is light level and the number of leaves per node as far as I saw. Maybe look them both up and compare?

3. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

I'm going with myriophyllum simulans aka filigree myrio.

4. OP
    OP
    S

I dont think it its ambulia, its leaf structure is diffrent I think it might be filigree myrio. Thank you both for your help, its most appreciated.

5. P

PlantedTanks Valued Member Member

I don't think it's myrio. That's an odd looking plant, almost looks like eurasian milfoil which is a wild plant that's invasive in most places.

6. OP
    OP
    S

It looks like it could be either, how do I know which?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice