Mystery loach

King Dojo

I purchased three loaches they were listed as the name tiger botia but when I looked them up they didnt match the other loaches. They are one of the most active loaches I have ever had and they never hide. Also they are constantly clicking witch my other loaches don't seem to do. They have the body of a yoyo loach and thin black bands going across there body. The rest of there body is silver in color. I could post a picture but am not sure how to.

Butterfly

Download a pic on your computer. Click on reply, at the bottom is a other options button, click tjat. Then click the browse button to retrieve your pic from your computer
Are any of these your tiger loach?

They sound a lot like my Botia striata. They are on the go all the time
Carol

King Dojo

Hope this works sorry if the quility is bad they are fast

This One might be more helpfull

Butterfly

Looks kind of like S. helodes .
carol

King Dojo

Ya that could be it. I notice that tiger botia is the name for many different variations of the species but they are all similar in body size, shape, and color. They are more aggressive and territorial then other loaches I have owned but for the most part they only worry about each other and eny aggretion is either playfull or a bluff. they also grow extremely big for a loach up too 12 inches the only other loach I have heard growing this big is a clown loach.

Butterfly

WOW! didn't realize they got that big! Some of the bigger loaches are used for food fishes where they come from.
Carol

King Dojo

that was the bigest one he was about four inches then he died due to the fact that the town put to much clorine in the was. The other one is about 2 and a half and the other is 3and a half.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom