Mystery last less than a week

Chris1212

Brave snail seems to have ventured out into the wide wide world of our living room somewhere. Did a great job and never stopped moving in the tank...for a few days. I suppose we'll locate by smell eventually.

I should add before it is asked, water quality is great (tank is fully cycled). I guess it just wanted to go an adventure of a very short lifetime

Betta'sAnonymous

"Today, the tank....tomorrow, the WORLD!!"

Sucks they roamed off so quick. I am kind of paranoid that my snails will do this. Especially since i have been having issues lately of remembering to close the lid on one of my tanks.

wateriswet

I'm sorry, that sucks! have a mystery snail that looks almost just like yours. Almost because there's a big chip missing at the point of the spiral from when he climbed out and made the world's loudest thwack when he fell. Luckily, I was in the room but I spent a good 5 minutes running to all the windows to make sure they weren't broken. It sounded like a bird had bashed into the window. Finally I noticed water on the floor and rescued my beautiful, idiot snail.

Depending on your lid setup, Plexi glass from a hardware store, craft mesh from Amazon, or even plastic wrap or aluminum foil can help you make your tank into snail Alcatraz if you want to try again.

Chris1212

Happy to report Goldie (named by my daughter) reappeared magically and is happily cruising around the tank. I looked everywhere, no clue where it was hiding.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom