Mystery Fry…Any Guesses?

Chalupacabra

67783477-2293-4C78-9B1F-3FD03AA91506.jpeg

Noticed these little guys swimming around this morning. Not sure what they are, though.

Tank has Fire Ring Danios, White Cloud Mountain Minnows, Panda Cories, and Reticulated Hillstream Loaches.

These don’t really look like any of them!

Behavior-wise, they appear to be grazing along the bottom of the tank, which would make me think they’re corydoras or hillstreams, but they don’t look like either…

Chalupacabra

Nope. No new plants inside the tank. They’d have to be one of the resident fish. The fact that you say they look like Peppered Corydoras point to the suspicion they’re probably Panda Cory fry.

They do breed readily in good tanks, and more cories is awesome, though I was kinda hoping for more Reticulated Hillstream Loaches when I saw those stripes.

LowConductivity

Sure looks like a loach fry to me...

Eaton

I would say there Cory fry or hill stream loach fry

MoshJosh

Yeah I agree with above, look like cory or loach fry.

TClare

Loach I think

awilkinson871

Nope. No new plants inside the tank. They’d have to be one of the resident fish. The fact that you say they look like Peppered Corydoras point to the suspicion they’re probably Panda Cory fry.

They do breed readily in good tanks, and more cories is awesome, though I was kinda hoping for more Reticulated Hillstream Loaches when I saw those stripes.
If you haven't added anything I would guess loach. Panda cories would not have stripes like that even at that age.

chromedome52

Hillstream Loach fry. They start out looking very different from the parents, but eventually flatten out and change color to become recognizable.

Chalupacabra

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

going to have to be careful with my water changes in this tank. I don’t want to lose the fry!

JessieBird

Sorry for the late response but they look exactly like Hillstream Loach fry! I’ve always wanted some of those, but I’d need another tank….Oh well what’s another tank?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chalupacabra
Replies
Views
Magnus919
Replies
Views
Lsurtees
Replies
Views