Mystery creature

1. tek1681 Initiate Member

Hi, I'm new at this and I have been having ammonia issues but my issue today is that I just did a water change on my 10 gallon tank and as I was siphoning out the water a creature caught my eye. A tiny little thing and what puzzles me is that I only have 3 fish in the tank. A male (or possibly not) Platy, Black skirt tetra and a Red Minor Tetra. The platy is the most vetern of my tank of about 2 months. My question is what is the little tadpole looking thing and where could it have come from? It currenty got siphoned out and is the the bucket of dirty water but if it could be a baby fish what do I do with it? I don't have a seperate tank for it.

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Is it possible to take a picture of it and post it?

3. Janmitch22 Member Member

That's freaky...I'd take it to a fish shop and see what they make of it.

4. tek1681 Initiate Member

OK I've taken pictures and have a coiuple of (OK) ones but I"m not sure how to attach them. Along with not knowing much about my fish.. I"m not that computer savy either. Any help will be appreciated.

5. tek1681 Initiate Member

OK I took the little critter up to the fish store and they said it looked like a guppy, which I did have a male guppy that lasted about 2 days before it died. The only explanition that they had for me was that maybe when I was getting fish that a baby was scooped up in the net and came with the fish. This little guy is tiny and the last time I got fish was about a month ago. Don't fish grow quicker and wouldn't I have seen it before now? I did bring it back home and put him back in the tank hopefully he will make it. Has this ever happened to anyone?

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

When you are replying to a topic if you have the picture saved on the computer as a jpeg or whatever then click the additional options when you are posting a reply and then click browse locate the file and then post! ;)

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Tek, I hope everything goes well with the tiny guppy! Not only was it siphoned out (lol), but it was almost thrown out too! Indeed a strange happening. Maybe it was so small when you were buying the other fish that the seller never noticed it. And since then it grew to a size that you are now able to see. The baby is lucky to have survived all this. I hope it stays well. Let us know how it's doing :)