Mystery cory death (warning:photos)

redmare

I came home to a dead panda cory tonight. Very sad. It must have died very recently since it was still untouched by the hoards of shrimp and snails that live there. The interesting part was a large red sore on its tummy that I've never seen before. I spend a lot of time watching this tank and while it's possible a tummy sore would have been hidden from me, I notice most things that happen in there. I'm almost wondering if it could be a prolapse or something? It all seems very odd to me. I'd love any insights.
Tank info: 30 gallon planted community, set up for over a year, very stable, my least problematic tank. 75 degrees, 0/0/20, stocked with 8 (now 7) panda cories, 9 neon tetras, 11 pristella tetras, a longfin bn pleco, and a whole bunch of cherry shrimp and pond snails. The water change schedule hasn't been ideal lately (having 8 tanks AND in-person uni classes again has been a bit much....) and has been 50% about every 2-3 weeks. I mean to do it every week, but that's just how it goes sometimes... I did just do a large water change yesterday after a full three weeks. If there's any other info I can provide to assist lemme know! Thanks in advance.

Poor little fella.
You must be registered to see images

Mbradley17

I hate to lose fish :( I also just lost one of my panda’s… no explanation…the red on his tummy is strange… hope someone on here can help

Tigerburp

I came home to a dead panda cory tonight. Very sad. It must have died very recently since it was still untouched by the hoards of shrimp and snails that live there. The interesting part was a large red sore on its tummy that I've never seen before. I spend a lot of time watching this tank and while it's possible a tummy sore would have been hidden from me, I notice most things that happen in there. I'm almost wondering if it could be a prolapse or something? It all seems very odd to me. I'd love any insights.
Tank info: 30 gallon planted community, set up for over a year, very stable, my least problematic tank. 75 degrees, 0/0/20, stocked with 8 (now 7) panda cories, 9 neon tetras, 11 pristella tetras, a longfin bn pleco, and a whole bunch of cherry shrimp and pond snails. The water change schedule hasn't been ideal lately (having 8 tanks AND in-person uni classes again has been a bit much....) and has been 50% about every 2-3 weeks. I mean to do it every week, but that's just how it goes sometimes... I did just do a large water change yesterday after a full three weeks. If there's any other info I can provide to assist lemme know! Thanks in advance.

Poor little fella.
There is something called red blotch disease it could be that or just injury

DoubleDutch

Could be worms

BradleyH2O

Poor little guy. I lost one of my adult spotted corys this week too. Unknown cause of death

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies
Views
corywand
Replies
Views
Paper Spiders
Replies
Views