Mysterious oscar death

ryannn

Reaction score
My tiger Oscar died recently and I cant find out how.His heater exploded about 1 month ago and he started lying at the bottom of his tank but he stopped after a while .He had recently cured from hole in the head disease and now had fin rot and one day I woke up and found him swimming upside down.He sank to the bottom and died.His Ph was perfect and he seemed really happy and I fed him Cichlid gold pellets and mini dianchini pellets.How did he die ???I must know!!!!!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size tank did you have, filteration, how often and how large did you do water changes, any other tank mates, did you get a new heater, did you test your water ex. ammonia, nitrates, nitrites? Sorry for all the questions but they all help in what killed him.

Austin

ryannn

Reaction score
atmmachine816 said:
What size tank did you have, filteration, how often and how large did you do water changes, any other tank mates, did you get a new heater, did you test your water ex. ammonia, nitrates, nitrites?  Sorry for all the questions but they all help in what killed him. 

Austin
Every one of those was perfect for Oscar fish but I did get a new heater.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

ryannn

Reaction score
atmmachine816 said:
What was the filteration and what were the stats then, the basic four, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, ph
I dont remember but the ph was at 6.8.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sometimes fish die with no obvious reason. Oscars are usually pretty hardy, so don't beat yourself up too badly about it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom