Mysterious oscar death

bkaiser3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So i woke up this morning to my oscar being dead. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 15. He never looked sick or pale. He was as outgoing as he ever is as of 11pm last night when i went to bed. So somewhere between 11 and 430 he died. Now i dont think this is possible, but he always liked to swim up and down in my air stone and when i found him he was laying right next to it. I have heard that fish can get bloated from swallowing air. Is it possible that he was swimming down into the bubbles and it is what caused it? As crazy as this sounds its all i have left as an option other than just a freak death

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry you lost him. That would not have caused a problem and a lot of fish enjoy it. How long have you had him, how big was he. What size tank was he in? Any tankmates? Alison

Calliefornia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm so sorry about your loss. I don't think it was the bubbles either. All of my fish play in them and my pleco sits for long periods of time on them. I'm sorry again I wish I had an answer.

bkaiser3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive had him roughly 2 months, in a 125 gallon tank and he was roughly 3-4 inches. He was with 2 jack dempseys, green terror and 2 black cons. All roughly the same size. All other fish are fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom