Mysterious Guppy Deaths Help

1. K

Keudn Initiate Member

I have a group of guppies that are slowly getting picked off by something. They will look fine in the morning, swimming and eating normally with no hint of frayed fins, cotton mouth, ich, or thinness. But about once a week I'll come home and one will be on its side on the bottom arched in nearly a semicircle and its tailfin will be frayed radially, almost as if someone pulled it apart into separated strands. This only happens to one guppy at a time, and only around once a week. I have also noticed that the guppies I've had for longest are the first to go, as I am down to my three most recent purchased ones. The only indicator of sickness I have seen is them glancing off the sides of rocks or plants. Tank mates include panda cories, a panda garra, and platies (although these have been relocated about a week ago). The panda cories do also seem to glance, but not nearly as frequently and I haven't lost anything but guppies, the relocated platies are also doing fine. My water parameters are as follows

Ammonia/Nitrite - 0
    Nitrate - 20ppm
    pH - 7.4
    GH - 218ppm

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

They’re flashing for a reason. Let’s try to see why. Could you post pics of your guppies and corys? Please?