Mysterious Catfish

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I never see my upside down catfish hardly at all. I saw him the other day just briefly after a feeding but I can't even figure out where he is.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are bad to hide
Carol

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of the odd things I have learned about fish over the years.
The more places to hide you give them, the more they are out and about.

Dino

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Trust me, my tank is very well planted and has that ruin as I mentioned. I saw it yesterday when I was vacuuming the gravel because I had of course stirred things up. When it first got here it was exploring around the tank but that was I think in order to figure out how not to be seen. Sigh.

Toddnbecka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Which species of Synodontis is it? S. nigriventris is the most commonly labelled "UD Catfish", but it's also a common name for Syno's in general. S. nigriventris is a small, schooling species, and don't really appreciate being kept as singles or pairs.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Check planetctafish.com.
Tom

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Toddnbecka said:
Which species of Synodontis is it? S. nigriventris is the most commonly labelled "UD Catfish", but it's also a common name for Syno's in general. S. nigriventris is a small, schooling species, and don't really appreciate being kept as singles or pairs.
Yes...I bet it's just because he's alone. If you can ever get a bigger tank and get him some friends I bet that would help.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom