Help Mysteries Not Doing So Well After Adding To New Tank. Lost One Ramshorn

Sheena-Phx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello everyone. My friend recently set up a 20 gallon divided for her Bettas. She got some pea sized Mystery snails (6) to go in there and 1 Ramshorn. The Ramshorn died within an hour I believe after going in. He was healthy beforehand(it had been from me). Now the Mysteries don't seem to be doing so good. She uses Watermill Water for the tank, PH is around 7.4. Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates are at 0. She is very worried and afraid that the snails aren't going to make it. I have went over everything I can think of and am coming up short. She recently medicated with erythromycin, but that is said to be safe for inverts. She did a water change the day after she got the snails. We are going on day 3 now of her having the snails. Any ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated. Substrate is sand, there are some live plants, I had her put in a banquet block for the snails, (mine love them). She did find a bread tie that had exposed metal around a plant and removed it. She has done water changes with the Watermill water and the snails are still not moving. I told her they could just be getting used to the tank, but she is extremely concerned that something is wrong. Thanks for any assistance. Please let me know if you need any other information.

OP
Sheena-Phx

Sheena-Phx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was also wondering about the PH. Some of the snails came from me, and some from elsewhere, but I know my PH is around 8. She uses water from The Watermill place, and that Ph is around 6.4, not 7.4 Would this affect them immediately? I know longterm it is bad for their shells, but would it literally throw them into an immediate funk?

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 76 67.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 19 16.8%

Top Bottom