My whole tank has ich

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just checking I'm doing this all right.. I have heated the water a bit more and removed the 3 platys which are worst affected. I have treated the tank with white spot treatment and done a 30% water change. Can I do any more to save my Marmaduke and my precious botias? They dont seem tooo badly affected compared to the platys - I'm pretty confident in thinking I caught this all today because yesterday they were all fine except for 1 dead platy who showed no apparent reason for death (but I guess it must have been ich). The glass cats, oto and plec dont have any signs of it so I've got my fingers crossed!I'm still worried sick though :'(

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just make sure the temp goes to 85F (30C) or it isn't high enough to take the parasites off the fish and it has to stay there for 14 days minimum to kill them.  Otherwise the meds will be okay whatever ich med you use probably. 

I am so sorry that this is happening to you.  I know how hard it is to have one sick little one, I cannot imagine how hard it is to have a whole tank of them.  I shall be thinking and hoping the best for you and your little ones.

Rose

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose, it really is a worry for me. I wish I didnt have to work all the time so ican keep an eye on them! My dad says he watch them for me anyway bless him.

Thanks for the advice - I only switched it up to 28 so I'll notch it up some more.
Have a lovely day xx

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I know it's off the topic, but good to see you Miss Mouse - haven't seen you on Fish Lore for a LONG time!

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
When my platys got ick i took filter cartrage out of filter, made sure water temperature went to about 83-85. put medication in tank once a day for 3 days after 2nd day ick was gone. left filter cartrage out for 1 week. I notice if you catch ick fast enough medication works faster.

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Isabella! Thanks - its good to be back! I normally have a quick browse (mainly on the betta board) now and again but I hardly get a chance with work and all my scout work I do and having a full time boyfriend too! ;D This Forum has also become HUGE since we veterans started and its hard to keep a track on it all

Joe, thanks for the note. I've taken the filter pads out - they were due a change anyway. It said in the instructions to take them out as well so good piece of advice there! The tank is sitting pretty at 29 degrees and the fish all seem ok. I dont know if I'm just imagining it but Marmaduke seems to have less spots already ??? The platys have perked up a lot too but the botais look a bit low today so everyone please think positive botia vibes!
Thanks again for all your advice
Ursula xx

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom