My White Clouds turned in to bottom dwellers

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
So any time a fish behavior changes I try to figure out why.I cant quite figure out my white clouds.Ive had them for 6 or 7 months and they have been primarily mid water swimmers that still still explored the top and bottom frequently and would aggressively feed in the top half.For about a week now they've been staying mainly in the bottom third of the tank and even when I dump in baby brine they just wait until it finds it's way down to them and then they go bananas.The only real changes I've made lately is I added a school of ember tetras about a month ago.I figured the embers would stay mainly in the top half but they spend quite a bit of time making their rounds through the plants and litter in the bottom half.Since adding the embers my emerald dwarf rasboras have decided they arent shy any more and chase each other around and dance all day.Im not sure if the wcmm just like the activity and have decided to join the action or what.I have quite the whirlwind of activity on the bottom of my tank and FWIW the fish are looking healthy and still displaying and making sweet love on the reg.Any thoughts or concerns? Water quality is consistant,temps consistent,lighting schedule consistant.I use floater plants that I trim here and there so the amount of light in certain areas can get altered a bit but I havnt seen my lighting effect anything before.Thanks :)

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
My minows stay mid water but im sure if yours were stressed or there was a problem they would clamp their fins, i dont think being in the bottom ⅓rd is a problem.
Sounds like a nice setup

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
My minows stay mid water but im sure if yours were stressed or there was a problem they would clamp their fins, i dont think being in the bottom ⅓rd is a problem.
Sounds like a nice setup
Thanks! Yeah its definately fun to watch and I dont see any signs of stress.The wcmms that did sleep at the top still do.In fact I find each one in the exact same spot each morning playing dead in the water sprites.It always takes em like 5-10 minutes after lights come on to snap out of it.They seem to wake up about like how I do lol

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
Hav you got a photo you can post it sounds interesting
Photo with all the fish playing at the bottom? I can try and get some pics tomorrow.Its the middle of the night now and lights are out

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
I thought you were up late or early as the case may be when I checked timeline
it's cool. I'm always up late.My fish have a much earlier bed time tho :)

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
richiep said:
I shot a little vid before work.White clouds were pretty chill tho

OP
Convoluted77

Convoluted77

Reactions
Experience
1 year
richiep said:
I like that tank it looks like a wild scape
Thanks.Not too shabby for my 1st real fish tank.i started out thinking I'd make this cool neat scape but I quickly found out that my fish weren't real impressed and they wanted more plants and litter.

New Threads