My Water Is Green And My Plants Are Turning Brown. How Do I Fix This??

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
How do keep my tank water clear and clean for my fish? I have done water changes but still has a light green tint. And then when I feed them it gets really green like this picture. Also how do I keep my plants from dying? I do use fertilizer and I use my light but one of the leafy plants is turning brown and is coming apart.

Attachments

Latrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
U have bacteria/algae bloom maybe ur using to much ferts and the feeding will help the algae thrive longer try a big water change then go 1 week without ferts and a total black out for 24hrs after the water change ...and u could feed ur fishes normally how you've always have.i hope this helps

OP
Doomheadthebetta

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
U have bacteria/algae bloom maybe ur using to much ferts and the feeding will help the algae thrive longer try a big water change then go 1 week without ferts and a total black out for 24hrs after the water change ...and u could feed ur fishes normally how you've always have.i hope this helps
Probably algae I don't use the fertilizer that much maybe 1 time a week and only half a cap full.
But I will try to the large water change and leave the light off and I hope it works too thank you!! :3

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cloudy Water: << Click here

The water in your tank might be cloudy due to dirt, sand, fish waste, particles, plant matter, and uneaten food floating around. Moreover, the particles might be way too small for your filter to catch. The stuff making your aquarium water cloudy can’t even be detected or stopped by the filter.

Try the information here first (make sure you have fine filter floss in your filter):

Why Is My Fish Tank Cloudy & How To Fix It

Build a DIY Water Polisher here. I built this and it works great in large tanks:

Here is the pump mentioned in the video.

For smaller tanks, try this:

Diy Micro Gravel Vacuum/Water Polisher

If all the above does not work… this will:

Acruel F

Start with 1 drop per gallon first, not the 2-4 drops recommended to start. Your water will get cloudy for about an hour or so and then start to clear. Make sure you have fine filter floss in your filter. If you need another/higher dose 24-48 hours later, fine. All Acruel F does is clump the free floating particles together so your filter can now pick this up. Guaranteed this works wonders.

Keep your tank crystal clear? Chemi Pure Blue

Green water? Get a UV Sterilizer with flow control (13 watt) and set it to the lowest flow rate so the water stays in contact with the light the longest. Will clear in about 7 days then remove it.

OP
Doomheadthebetta

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Cloudy Water: << Click here

The water in your tank might be cloudy due to dirt, sand, fish waste, particles, plant matter, and uneaten food floating around. Moreover, the particles might be way too small for your filter to catch. The stuff making your aquarium water cloudy can’t even be detected or stopped by the filter.

Try the information here first (make sure you have fine filter floss in your filter):

Why Is My Fish Tank Cloudy & How To Fix It

Build a DIY Water Polisher here. I built this and it works great in large tanks:

Here is the pump mentioned in the video.

For smaller tanks, try this:

Diy Micro Gravel Vacuum/Water Polisher

If all the above does not work… this will:

Acruel F

Start with 1 drop per gallon first, not the 2-4 drops recommended to start. Your water will get cloudy for about an hour or so and then start to clear. Make sure you have fine filter floss in your filter. If you need another/higher dose 24-48 hours later, fine. All Acruel F does is clump the free floating particles together so your filter can now pick this up. Guaranteed this works wonders.

Keep your tank crystal clear? Chemi Pure Blue

Green water? Get a UV Sterilizer with flow control (13 watt) and set it to the lowest flow rate so the water stays in contact with the light the longest. Will clear in about 7 days then remove it.
Oh ok I'll look into every thing and try to buy everything some to help with my water. Thank you!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 77 67.5%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 19 16.7%

Top Bottom