My updated Shrimp Tank Aquascape

Marlene327

I just finished this, I know my plants have a lot of growing to do. Glad to see my sag started to send new plants up in the front, but I squeezed as much as I could in here. Lots of hiding places for shrimplets in the dragon stone and cholla wood. That cholla was about 20" long with 2 branches when I got it, and we we were able to cut and use it in 3 tanks. They're all unique pieces.

I'm always open to critique, but not in the mood to change it much for awhile! I've found several small shrimp about 1/2" long this week so I'm happy they were breeding. I saw a saddled and a berried one today, always good to see those.

Both sponge filters are cleaned and 2.5 gal of water changed out for distilled water, always good to have that done. My Gh was 17 before I started, trying to work it down to 10.
I have 2 older pieces of cholla in there and had the one leaning up on the new one. I had to reposition the large on to get that branch to stick up, and that other one fell down, I see - would it look better leaning up on that? I'm also not sure about the placement of the small dragon stone - should I put it off center or is it okay? I'm dodging little sag plants coming up, too.

Attachments

• Shrimp tank 1-22-22.jpg
    Shrimp tank 1-22-22.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 28

RIFishbowl

I think it looks amazing.I have just started using real plants and like the way they change the look of a tank.

PlantedCommunityTank132

That's so COOL. I wish I could make such aquaecapes.

StarGirl

Nice piece of Cholla you found. The shrimps are gonna love it!

Marlene327

Nice piece of Cholla you found. The shrimps are gonna love it!
I hope they do as much as the pest ramshorns that showed up! Got rid of about 50 today and several egg sacs. They were all through the cholla! Added a few assassins.

JLAquatics

I'm always open to critique, but not in the mood to change it much for awhile! I've found several small shrimp about 1/2" long this week so I'm happy they were breeding. I saw a saddled and a berried one today, always good to see those.

I have 2 older pieces of cholla in there and had the one leaning up on the new one. I had to reposition the large on to get that branch to stick up, and that other one fell down, I see - would it look better leaning up on that? I'm also not sure about the placement of the small dragon stone - should I put it off center or is it okay? I'm dodging little sag plants coming up, too.
This scape looks great Marlene! Your tanks are getting better with each passing day!

I am going to ask how easy it is to keep the large Cholla sitting upright like this. I bet it would be difficult to keep it sitting up like this when doing water changes and such.

As a small suggestion I bet you would be able to lean one of the smaller Cholla pieces that are laying flat against the larger Dragonstone on the left center side of the scape. Maybe I should just do a mock-up design to show you what I am talking about but this is completely up to you friend.

Regardless, you will definitely have happy little shrimp in your setup Marlene with the addition of the Cholla wood. You should be proud of your design. :)

Marlene327

This scape looks great Marlene! Your tanks are getting better with each passing day!

I am going to ask how easy it is to keep the large Cholla sitting upright like this. I bet it would be difficult to keep it sitting up like this when doing water changes and such.

As a small suggestion I bet you would be able to lean one of the smaller Cholla pieces that are laying flat against the larger Dragonstone on the left center side of the scape. Maybe I should just do a mock-up design to show you what I am talking about.

Regardless, you will definitely have happy little shrimp in your setup Marlene with the addition of the Cholla wood. You should be proud of your design. :)
It really is not easy, it rolled backwards before I took the picture, into the plants. I will play with it in the coming days and move the other 2 around. I also have other cholla wood here if needed.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
lobobrandon
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Tigerburp
Replies
Views