- Reaction score
- New Palestine, IN
- 1 year
This is my 10 gallon aquarium. Includes:
- Aqueon 20 filter
- Substrate is a mix of FloraMax and polished pebbles
- Two 15 Watt compact fluorescent bulbs-lighting 12 hours a day
- My betta man, Maxwell
- Three longfin zebra danios
- Two red and blue columbian tetras-had three, one went nuts and died
- One flying fox
- One otto, the guy who helps me out at my LFS will call if they get anymore in, I plan on getting two more
- One angel botia
- and I'm keeping a female betta in a breeder box for a friend-this is only temporary and Maxwell doesn't mind her much at all
Plants: (Excuse me if I butcher the names)
- Hygrophila Corymbosa Stricta
- Cryptocoryne Wendtii
- Red Ludwigia
- Java Fern
- Rotala Magenta
- and most recently, and Marimo moss ball
This big beauty is a 37 gallon Marineland tank with LED lighting in the hood. I'm new to cycling a tank and this is my new project. It is currently on its 6th day of cycling. I do water changes every other day and dose beneficial bacteria with each water change. So far no spikes in ammonia, but my pH is a little high-8.2. I can't wait to get it planted and get it stocked.
This is my sketched plan for the layout of the 37 gallon.
I'm hoping to have some red melon sword, more red ludwigia, micro sword, and more cryptocoryne wendtii with stacked slate or driftwood in the center. I can't decide which one though. I love the look of slate, but driftwood would lower the pH. So many decisions!