My two mollies!

RobertsBaby

Reaction score
Hello!

I just have a couple questions about mollies because I'm pretty new at this. I had my male molly died. So I bought my white molly Charlie a new little friend. I'm worried though I dunno if they like eachother she will bump him to make him swim. Racer my black molly I think is lazy he likes it near the fliter and he loves it near the plant. I'm worried that my white molly might get aggesive and pick on him. But I think she is mad because he is ignoring her and she seems very deserparte to breed with him and he likes to ignore her. Help would be much appericated thanks!!

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sorry, it is not clear...how many mollies do u have in your tank? what is the tank size? the rule is 2 female mollies for each male.

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
As long as Charlie IS a female, and Racer, a male, then sooner than later he'll be after her.. I should however point out, if you're trying for Molly fry, then you'd achieve faster results with a ratio of three females to one male.. of course, whether you could add any more females would depend on the size of your tank.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Neville said:
sorry, it is not clear...how many mollies do u have in your tank? what is the tank size? the rule is 2 female mollies for each male.
At the very least 2 females. I'd say more like 4.

New Threads