My Two Goldfish In One 40 Gallon Are Sick! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Youngboy15, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Youngboy15

Youngboy15New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Hes a red cap sitting at the bottom alot. Severely constipated i dont know how i feed 2 sinking pellets 2x daily. Hes still a baby about 3 inches. 37 gallon clean ammonia nitrite free water with a air stone. I fed peas today and yesterday he ate only some had trouble digesting alot of it. What can i do please help i even added salt im really scared i cant lose him

2. Skavatar

SkavatarWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
    try fasting him for 2-3 days.

you can try an epsom salt bath, its a laxative.

3. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    I fed him pease once daily past 3 days should i cut off food completely?

4. Skavatar

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
  5. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    They have a early early stage of either constipation/dropsy. I was wondering if i can directly add epsom salt to the tank? If i do have to do a bath of salt how do i do it? My friend said his goldies died from the toxic bath. Its scary. They just bottom sit always at the bottom. Swim for a bit then lay back down. Im s cared and **** because my tank water is always clean. I add aquarium salt too. Filter is amazing aswell

6. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,748
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Give us the specs of the tank. How long has it been running, how many gallons, what kind of gold fish?

7. Skavatar

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
    fast for 3 days.

the epsom salt bath needs to be in a separate container, it is short term. 1/8 of a teaspoon per every 5 gallons. check on them every 5 minutes, put them back into the main tank if you see any signs of distress. no longer than 15-20 minutes per day.

8. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    40 gallon stocked with two fancy’s red cap and fantail. Running a cycle aquaclear 70. My first red cap died from itch fantail survived. I added aqurium salt and kept water warm. My new oranda was then added 0 issues. I noticed it had healing scales so i dosed melafix and reduced tank temp because it was gonna be really hard to breathe when though i have an air stone. My two goldfish are currently have struggle swimming/constipated and also flash a bit when i see them struggling to swim. They get tried and both lay in the corner together tank water is 0-0-10. Please help! I dont know what to do i think both are going to die

Tank has been up for a month now with fish in it cycled for almost 2 months

can constipation be that bad that both bottom sit together and have struggle swimming?

9. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,748
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Flashing on items often is a sign of external parasites. Take a picture of what they look like. I'm sure others will chime in and help as well.

10. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    I need help bad! I feel like they can die overnight
    I just realized my ph is 7.6! Really blue. I have medicine and salt in the tank is that why??

I just relaized ph is really blue! 7.6 is this because of medicine and salt in the tank and is it bad?!

Attached Files:

11. Skavatar

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
    7.6 pH is fine for goldfish.

12. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    My 2 goldies have flukes or some parasite. Its causing them to bloat and be lethargic. I dosed 13 ml of prazi pro today for 37 gallons. When do i dose again? The label does not say how often to dose and do i change water? Someone help its critical fish are in a bad state.

13. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,101
    Experience:
    2 years
  14. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    I an treating my goldies for flukes with praz pro. Second day and i see this extremely small but not microscopic worm. IMG_1346. is it getting good or bad? My fantail is super active...oranda is still bottom sitting but still much more active. Will they survive this?

15. Crimson_687

Crimson_687Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +308
    Honestly, in the pic it just looks like a spec
    Oranda tend to be more prone to health problems then other goldfish. Watch carefully for secondary infections and secondary health concerns. If both fish had the same ailment and it worked for one, the oranda should come around

16. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    I am on my 2nd dose its been 6 days... teo goldies have internal/gill flukes. My oranda is still flashing so is the fantail. They are still bottom sitting like crazy not active as much. Oranda is still opening mouth like crazy. Fantail was super active on my 3rd day but after dosing last night after a vacuum i found both bottom sitting this morning. What do i do? Continue dosing? Will they make it through. Parameters are fine. I also saw a small tiny worm floating in the water 2 days ago. Someone please help me i dont want them to die. Do i try a diff medicine? Or keep prazi pro’ing

17. Skavatar

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
  18. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    i cant buy those things anywhere... can i use general cure or should i keep using prazi for another week?

19. Skavatar

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Experience:
    2 years
    API General Cure's active ingredients are 250mg Metronidazole, and 75mg Praziquantel per pack. You already have the Prazi. Are you able to get Metro?

20. OP
    OP
    Youngboy15

Ratings:
    +4
    I can get 70% metro. Is the prazi ineffective? Is it suppose to cure right away? Whats ur take on whats going on with the flukes

Become a Fishlore Member